We are made in Minnesota.
Whenever possible, Minnesota Community Solar uses Minnesota solar panels, Minnesota labor, and Minnesota financing. We live here, we work here, and our roots in Minnesota matter to us.
We’ve made solar simple.
Minnesota Community Solar is a new way to do solar. We build large arrays in ideal locations to collect solar energy, and you benefit from economies of scale. Subscriptions to that power benefit you as positive credits on your electricity bill every month. Maintenance and insurance is all part of your subscription. We worry about all the technical stuff. This is solar for everyone.
What is a community solar garden?
- Community solar gardens are large-scale arrays placed on buildings or properties that are well-situated for sun exposure.
- Ours deliver reliable, renewable energy to the electric grid, using Minnesota labor, Minnesota financing, and Minnesota-made products whenever possible.
- Arrays are professionally maintained for maximum energy production and cost savings over an extended lifetime.
- Subscriptions to our community solar gardens are like a service contract, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning or maintaining any solar panels.
This is solar for everyone.
Here’s how it works:
- Many subscribers participate in a large community solar garden, which helps drive down the cost of solar energy.
- Any Xcel ratepayer—a person, business, or nonprofit—within one neighboring county of the community solar garden can subscribe.
- Subscriptions can be up to 120% of your average annual electricity usage. We’ll help you figure out that number.
- Clean, solar energy goes right to the grid, and subscribers receive credit right on their electrical bills.
How will a community solar garden benefit me?
- With community solar gardens, you can now produce solar power without having to install panels on your rooftop or property.
- Subscribers receive credits on monthly electric bills and savings for the duration of their subscription.
- You can increase your energy independence and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Maintenance and insurance is all part of your subscription. We worry about all the technical stuff.
- With a Minnesota Community Solar subscription, you won’t have to worry about a rebate application or any additional tax forms.